Monday, December 23, 2019

#Microblog Mondays: A Deep Breath

It is the first official day of break -- the last day of school was Friday, but today is the first weekday where there is no responsibility, no school, no work at all unless I choose it (which I don't).

I did have my alarm clock set, for the 8 a.m. Pilates class, which unfortunately I was still late to because I forgot that I always go from school, and that's twice as far from my house. It was a glorious start to the day, getting all stretched and lengthened and taking those big, deep breaths that feed your body luscious oxygen. I always feel taller when I leave.

I feel like I am just taking a big, deep breath, getting space back into my life over the next two weeks. It's a magical year where there's two full weeks off from school, and it's this massive expanse of time and opportunity to feel rested and rejuvenated.

My subconscious doesn't quite trust this luxury--I had a nightmare where we were called back in for 3 mid-break days of school, and I was utterly unprepared and everyone was stressed and angry, but then I woke up and realized NOPE. No stress. I banish you, stupid stress dreams.

The presents are wrapped and under the tree (we're like kids ourselves, I have to stop myself from inspecting shapes, and I have a guess about one of mine but I'm trying to erase it), we have our plans for dinners before we leave for Vermont, we'll be in our favorite Vermont spot in the middle of this expanse of time and then when we get back...there's still SO MUCH TIME left to breathe, to unwind, to slowly prepare for the return to normalcy.

Happy holidays to you, and I hope you have the space to take a deep breath and enjoy all the good things of the season -- the giving, the family and friends, the traditions, the moments of slowed down time if you can snag them.



Want to read more #Microblog Mondays? Go here and enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me to breathe deeply and enjoy. My best to you and Bryce during this expanse of time.

    Beautiful scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, I am so glad you get to breathe, and relax, and recharge, and even grow taller! Have a lovely peaceful time on your break. See you here when you get back. I'll be waiting, because your blogs are always a highlight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much! The breathing is wonderful. I love these quiet, restful times.

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas! Enjoy your holidays, rest, relax, play, read...❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, same to you , although you have a lot of driving in your holidays!

      Delete
  4. Happy holidays to you and Bryce as well! I hope you have a wonderful time in Vermont and a very restful, relaxing, rejuvenating winter break. Your fireplace looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The winter light hits it just so, perfect for framing. Probably not so perfect for that painting, though... Yeesh. And ahhhhh, relaxing times.

      Delete