Monday, December 16, 2019

#Microblog Mondays: Bye, Silver Highlights

I loved my silver highlights. I've been getting my hair (and cutting it) and not dyeing it for over a year, and I loved the pretty silver streaks at my temples.

How funny, I'm wearing the same shirt today. Hey lovely anniversary Jeff Goldblum print in the back!


Ah, you can really see the contrast in this one! 

I wanted a change though. And all but the tippy tips of my hairs were no longer touched with dye.

So I made an appointment to get some fun things done to my hairs.

I felt a bit like a sellout. But I was did it because I wanted something different, and I can always grow out my greys again. That's the amazing thing about hair.

So here it is, my mid-forties fun hair:

As close to a "before process" picture as I could get, I forgot until the root dye was going on.

Oooh, pretty, my first time with foils. They were heavy.

See the different colors? Ooooh, ahhhh

Okay, so this is shortly before I started sobbing, so I look tired and sad, but there's the front.


Today after blowing it out myself. I might need to get a curling iron! And I think I could probably go a little bolder if I wanted to next time. :)

Want to read more #Microblog Mondays? Go here and enjoy!

16 comments:

  1. I love your curly hair, and the colours are great! And definitely not old lady purple. (We always called it blue hair, here). I wish I was as brave to grow out my greys, but ... well ... I'm not. Not yet, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! You look beautiful either way, but it’s always fun to change up hair because like you pointed out, it will grow back out quickly! I can definitely see you going bolder one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's holding up really well so far. Bolder could be lots of fun! My hair lady does hers bold all the time, this time it was fucshia with copper. Goals

      Delete
  3. One of my high school friends friended me on FB... she now has silver/grey hair with lavender/purple streaks in it. (One of her daughters is a hairdresser.) Not sure if the silver is entirely hers or also coloured, but it looks great on her. I love yours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so pretty! Funny how people are dyeing their hair silver, too. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. It looks fantastic. I have always been fascinated by the foils.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am a fan now, but I don't know how foils work differently. Something to ask next time!

      Delete
  5. As a fellow silver-streaker and purple lover, I ADORE both your before and after pix. Thanks for the priceless expression in "before process."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha, awkward selfies are my specialty! Thank you!

      Delete
  6. i love the grays, but girl those colors are popping on you! you look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a fun change. And it's holding up to washings really really well!

      Delete
  7. LOVE IT! I just put a blue streak in my hair because I was like, WHY THE F NOT? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, photo! Why the F not indeed. I love that it's so acceptable to have fun hair now, such a great way of self expression!

      Delete
  8. The silver looked lovely, but it's so much fun to do new things. The new color looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete