Monday, March 19, 2018

#Microblog Mondays: Our New Year's Card

So, March is still within New Year's vicinity, right? We went with that assumption when we FINALLY got our holiday card up and running and mailed out the door.

I really, really wanted there to be a sexy cocktail dress shot of me on the chaise lounge, but due to the tiny-house-like width of my office, that was totally impossible to capture in any way even remotely resembling flattering. So there's A shot of me on the chaise lounge in a party dress with champagne, but I am not lounging luxuriously like I envisioned it in my head.

We were still tongue-in-cheek, and I'm thinking that this is our LAST "explaining where we are in life" card, but not our last tongue-in-cheek, update-y card. I do like that the photo cards give you the option to write a (very small) note on the back.

So, here it is...enjoy the fruits of my labor and my 3-months-off New Year's greeting!

Pardon the glare from the left. The bottom left photo makes me laugh. Also, the top right photo is one of my FAVORITES of Bryce, like, EVER. 

One of my favorite shots from Napa, and a brutally honest "how 2017 went and how we ope to move forward" message.


In case you have a hard time reading the text in the full back shot... :)

Many thanks to Loribeth, whose review of Ariel Levy's The Rules Do Not Apply led me to read that particular book. It really stuck with me (and that's where the "everyone doesn't get everything" quote comes from).

Happy, happy new year, my friends!

Want to read more #Microblog Mondays? Go to www.stirrup-queens.com, I can't properly link to the post because I got a weird security message that is just an expired certificate but my computer won't let me go there yet... Sigh.

15 comments:

  1. This is really lovely - the message, and the fun photos. I feel privileged to "receive" it here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had fun putting it together from photos we took just for it and vacation shots. I was happy to see it all come together!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Jess. I love the card!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad, happy belated new year to you too!

      Delete
  3. Love it, Jess. The pics and the sentiments, and your delightful take on life. So refreshing and authentic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yup, "authentic" is definitely a thing... my life is a glass house I guess!

      Delete
  4. Love how positive but also how real you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was hard to get a balance that wasn't "oh woe is me and everything is terrible" but also wasn't "smoke blown up behinds everything is awesome."

      Delete
  5. I LOVE it!! :) (And awww, thanks for the shoutout! It really was a great book, wasn't it?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And OF COURSE! I loved that book. It's one I will probably buy when it comes out in paperback even though I have it on my Kindle. Just so I can touch it. I come back to it time and time again.

      Delete
  6. Your card is amazing. Thanks for being lovely, loving, funny, wistful, honestly authentic you. ❤️🍾

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I love this card so much! Perfectly captures you both and positive about the future. The picture of you both sleeping in is funny!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hee hee hee, we tried that shot so many different ways. That one was my favorite! :)

      Delete