Wednesday, December 16, 2020

An Antidote to Doom

I suck at blogging right now. Then again, I am feeling pretty sucky and down in the dumps in general.

Maybe it's because I am exhausted to the bone from teaching, STILL IN PERSON, with an 8.8% positivity rate in the county where I teach. It is more stressful every day. 

Maybe it's because when I get home I literally feel like mush and struggle to function. 

I cannot wait until break. A week from today I will be there. And by there I mean at home, no longer going into what feels increasingly like a gauntlet of germs and exposure.

Since I have limited brainpower at the end of the day, I scroll mindlessly on my phone. (Not social media though, that is pretty much a guarantee of doom spiraling.)

And I discovered the antidote to "doomscrolling" -- JOYSCROLLING. Click on the link and you will be treated to sights and sounds of Iceland, including PUFFINS. And some great music, and delicious food being cooked, and waterfalls and rainbows and ocean. 

Enjoy. 


7 comments:

  1. That's fabulous! I was smiling by the end. And I loved the sheep and the knitted jersey! Thanks, Jess. And roll on next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me think for a minute on "jersey!" I don't know why I thought it would be "jumper" for you. If you were smiling at the end, then it did its job!

      Delete
    2. I did think about editing "jersey" to something else more easily understandable, but thought you might like it! We speak or understand international-knitted-clothing language in NZ - jersey, guernsey, jumper, sweater, pull-over, etc - but jersey is what I have always used.

      Delete
  2. Oh, you know I can relate to this! So glad you found joyscrolling!! Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so stressful! But joyscrolling is a great antidote. At least temporarily!

      Delete
  3. I hope it brought you happiness!

    ReplyDelete