Monday, November 4, 2019

#Microblog Mondays: Ten Years!

Having two anniversaries is sort of confusing.

We have our Legal wedding anniversary, which is October 23rd and commemorates the signing of the papers and the waving of the Justice of the Peace's wand (or whatever that actually looked like), and October 31st commemorates our very small backyard wedding. They take place within 8 days of each other and we celebrate them both -- the Legal Anniversary usually with a dinner out and our "serious" cards, and the Halloween Anniversary with a tasty home cooked meal and our Halloween cards and ghouls. I don't quite have ten ghouls, but I have a transforming werewolf arm, a walking dead zombie, the Babadouk, IT, a creepy Donnie-Darko-style rabbit, a highly detailed spider, and this year I got THREE, so that makes... ten!

We went away for a romantic weekend away this year, too -- it is ten years, after all!

It is wonderful to think of the next ten years -- eight of the past ten were spent striving and losing and coping with our family building debacle, and yet they were ten great years. The next ten, I hope, will be untainted with that heavy grieving and remaking our dreams and our life into something different than we'd hoped.

Different, but beautiful.

Out to dinner on the Legal Anniversary

Hiking up a ski mountain for foliage peeping before check in at the romantic B&B

Doesn't do it justice

Cozy reading area of our room

Ahhhh

Cozy!

Even though it's blurry I love this picture because he made me laugh right before

Awww, Halloween (post wig hair) looove

Bryce surprised me with a DELICIOUS meal, Berkshire pork chops and white sweet potato puree and red chard

Envelope Ghoul, if Mickey Mouse was a bat

Second ghoul, appetizer inside card

AAAAAAA! Super creepy Marianne ghoul (from the French Netflix series which was so good but so scary)
I am NOT an artist, but I was stupid proud of my envelope Ghoul of many monsters.

Want to read more #Microblog Mondays? Go here and enjoy! 

15 comments:

  1. Different but beautiful indeed! HAPPY ANNIVERSARIES!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw you guys are so cute together! Here's to the next ten years being awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think that you guys could get any cuter. Happy #10!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Congrats on 10!!! I love your little traditions, it’s soooo damn sweet. And Bryce’s Bob Ross shirt is the best!!! So glad you got away to celebrate each other!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that shirt! He had a handful of Bob Ross paraphernalia, ha.

      Delete
  5. Happy 10th Anniversary! Congratulations on making it through, stronger together. Sounds like a lovely time, and that room makes me want to curl up with my book, read for 20 minutes, then have a nap! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! On the second afternoon I totally did exactly that... Ha!

      Delete
  6. A very happy tenth year celebration to you and Bryce! Congratulations! That's awesome that you have two anniversaries, how fun. Love the tradition of your ghouls - very unique and really cool to see the drawings. The room looks lovely and sounds like a good weekend.

    Here's wishing you both many more great years together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love our ghouls. His are always amazing, and I just try for personal best, ha ha.

      Delete
  7. Happy 10th anniversaries! May the next 10 bring you untainted joy and peace. Love the Halloween cards and ghouls.

    I grant you two your own hashtag: #relationshipghouls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spit my coffee out on that one, hilarious! Thank you!

      Delete
  8. Happy anniversary! :) Oldest Nephew & his wife have two anniversaries too -- they were officially married in a Catholic church chapel by a priest on Sept. 29th with only a small number of family & friends there. Then the priest remarried them in a big ceremony with all the traditional trimmings (dinner, dance, etc.) at a golf course two days later. (He wouldn't marry them there unless they had a church wedding first!) I think they consider the 29th their actual anniversary. Anyway, I echo the others in saying I love your traditions, & I'm glad you had a fun time celebrating! Here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete