Monday, June 11, 2018

#Microblog Mondays: A Different Purpose

Sunday I got to actually manifest something I've visualized since we decided not to get rid of our lovely little red wagon that was definitely meant for a different purpose but instead had been languishing in our back room:



We walked from our home to a local farmstand that was bought by a nursery nearby, and brought the little red wagon for transporting plants. The two hanging baskets of purple scaevola pretty much filled the whole thing up, so we laid some basil and rosemary on top.

We saw neighbors on our way down our street, and they said, "Where'd you get that adorable red wagon?" and we replied, without [visible] sadness, "At our baby shower!"

You know these are our people because they said, "Good for you! What a perfect way to use it!"

I'm mostly not sad about it, because now I can see this wagon filled with glorious flowers for my garden, instead of filled with board books and prizes for a baby who didn't make him- or herself known before the [emotional, physical] cost was too high to continue. (I won't lie, it did make me a little sad when not an hour after we emptied the wagon of its botanical load, a couple came down the street with an actual small child in their wagon and I felt the contrast, briefly...)

It brings me joy, though, to repurpose things this way, to take things from a time filled with hope and fill them with a different kind of hope, for a different kind of future.

Want to read more #Microblog Mondays? Go here, and enjoy!

20 comments:

  1. Love this!! And Jess, you look amazing!!! Did you recently put more red in your hair?! It’s hot!! And you look so skinny! Go you lady!! Way to rock your new life!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, yes I did... Definitely more vibrant. And thank you! I am working it, trying to balance the yumminess I want with the workouts and greens balance I need... 😄 Thank you!

      Delete
    2. I agree, Jess, you look fabulous!

      And that's such a perfect use for your wagon. I'm glad you got to repurpose it.

      Delete
    3. Thanks so much! It IS such a perfect use, although both those hanging baskets died a terrible death, later. Not so drought tolerant I guess... :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! That wagon makes me ridiculously happy.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely (and photogenic) use of your wagon! The part of me that's always dreamed of riding a bike in Paris with a baguette and wine in the basket also dreams of beautiful flowers in a little wagon. Alas, being a celiac with a brown thumb, I'll be more than content to enjoy your photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ooh, that Paris bike basket sounds divine, as long as the baguette is gluten free (fellow celiac here). But a biker basket full of lavender and wine and cheese? Sign me up! Love my flower wagon though. Something old fashioned about that. Glad you enjoy!

      Delete
  4. I love the way you are healing the past, being in the present, and repurposing the future.

    Lovely pic, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, yes, and yes. ❤️

      Delete
  5. I love you and your re-purposed (hopeful) red wagon. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me happy. Repurposing something, seeing it have another life than you had hoped for, but one that is beautiful and happy, is really a victory. Much like your life at the moment! Brava!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved having a vision for something, and making it happen...so different than how other things turned out, but seemingly much easier to do in this new life.

      Delete
  7. Wow, beautiful, happy and just a little sad... you are walking a road of healing and resilience. Inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Resilience is my middle name, ha.

      Delete
  8. I'm glad you kept it -- you never know when it might come in handy, right?? Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can think of a handful of times that wagon will be helpful, and it was so cute I just didn't want to let it go. Bryce is a good picture-taker, right?

      Delete
  9. Wagons are super fantastic. So pleased you and Bryce had the foresight and courage to keep it and re-purpose it so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wagons are so useful - and what a great way to repurpose it! Glad you were able to find a way to make it fit into life as you know it and I'll echo everyone else in saying what a nice picture!

    (KatherineA/inconceivable, for some reason Google is no longer letting me comment from wordpress...)

    ReplyDelete