Monday, October 22, 2018

#Microblog Mondays: Things I'm Grateful For After Showing

We had 23 showings in 6 days. Hopefully we are done with showings now, feeling superstitious so read into that however you'd like, but there are a few things that I'm glad we're done with (hopefully for the foreseeable future).

- We love Halloween, but everything out this year  has had to be very tasteful and tame -- no skulls in the garden, no ghouls dangling from the shrubbery, and DEFINITELY no tombstones, especially the one that reads "Death Waits For All Who Enter." That is not the message you want to send to potential buyers (even if technically it's true). Now we can dig the creepy crawlies out of the closet crawlspace, which must have been entertaining for those unsuspecting people who opened the door...

- Going out to dinner is fun. Going out to dinner every day because you don't want your house to smell or for there to be dishes when you've cleared all the counters gets old. I am pretty sure I can blame a few pounds on the Showing Diet. We made dinner tonight, and it was glorious.

-Brussel sprouts. I love roasting them in the fall, but that makes your house smell like farts. Again, not the ambience you want for potential buyers. Reveling in my farty house right now -- dinner was burgers, roasted delicata squash fries, and roasted brussel sprouts. Mmmmm. Pffffttttttt.

- Some day I will be able to go back to my yoga class and tap... Hard to keep that up when you have showings every evening (or are frantically cleaning and clearing the house to ready for the showing insanity). I miss humiliating myself for fun.

Keep those fingers crossed... Things are moving along but, as I'll write about next, this is a process with many hurdles that brings up so many emotions and echoes of processes we've left behind. But, now we can have tombstones and brussel sprouts. Silver linings.

Want to read more #Microblog Mondays? Go here and enjoy! 

7 comments:

  1. So glad you are done with showings and can put your awesome Halloween stuff out! 23 in 6 days is sorta insane, and I can’t imagine eating out every night for that. Crossing fingers with you and can’t wait to read about whatever is next for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers are duly crossed. (Uncrossed only to type this post.)

    I understand about the joys of cooking for yourself. I hated brussel sprouts as a kid, but love them now, lightly sauteed with a bit of garlic and if I'm feeling naughty, some bacon. Funny how food reminds me that it's getting cold for you. We're enjoying seasonal asparagus at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sighing on this end because I know you're right about the decorations, but damn it I would love to have seen an open house with all that decor. 23 showings is insane, but sounds like you have an offer. Am keeping everything crossed.

    Yum about the brussel sprouts. Hear you about eating out all the time (it's one thing when you have a choice in the matter). And I hope you get back to tap class and yoga class very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck! Will keep fingers crossed for you. It is a really long process with so many back and forth situations. Hopefully as smooth as possible.

    Very much hear you on cooking for yourself. I remember getting so tired of bringing in food or going out when we were in the process of moving and being super excited when I was able to prepare food again. There's nothing like a favorite, home-cooked meal.

    Also, I love the descriptions of your usual Halloween decorations. They sound like a lot of fun!

    KatherineA/inconceivable

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me laugh!

    Glad to infer that your non-farty house has likely met its new people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fingers crossed that all the showings result in at least one solid offer!

    My solution to brussel sprouts stinking up the house is to grill them. Works like a charm! :)

    ReplyDelete